21 November is celebrating World Philosophy Day 2019. Every year, the day was celebrated on the 3rd Thursday of November. The Day is powered by UNESCO ( United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization). By celebrating this Day, they inform people about some unknown information.
While the Day celebrated in different countries, the Reporter of each country Highlights the activities of this day to the people easily. So, each event celebration has some extra Benefits. We are encouraging you to celebrate World Philosophy Day 2019. Update a Status on Twitter, Facebook with Hashtag to inform this day to your Friends and Family Member.
World Philosophy Day 2019 Theme
Highlight the importance of philosophy in different regional contexts. United Nation published the Aim & Theme of World Philosophy Day 2019 on their Official Website. In Details from United Nation Official Website:
The 2019 edition aims to highlight the importance of philosophy in different regional contexts. The goal is to obtain regional contributions to global debates on contemporary challenges that support social transformations. The purpose of this approach is to foster regional dynamics, stimulating global collaboration to address major challenges such as migration, radicalization, environmental change, or artificial intelligence.
The objective of World Philosophy Day
- To renew the commitment of philosophy at the national, regional and international level
- To spread awareness of the importance of philosophy and its use in the arising modernity and globalization
- To understand the importance of teaching philosophy to the youth and future generations
- To foster studies on significant contemporary issues, philosophical analysis, and research. This helps in effective response towards the challenges facing humanity today
- To appraise the teaching of philosophy across the world and emphasis is given to nations facing unequal access.
World Philosophy Day Quotes 2019
- ‘We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit’.
- ‘He who is unable to live in society, or who has no need because he is sufficient for himself, must be either a beast or a God’.
- ‘Happiness is the highest good’.
- ‘Happiness lies in virtuous activity, and perfect happiness lies in the best activity, which is contemplative’.
- ‘The unexamined life is not worth living’.
- ‘There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance’.
- ‘Philosophy is a battle against the bewitchment of our intelligence by means of language’
- ‘It is not enough to have a good mind; the main thing is to use it well’
- ‘Wonder is the feeling of the philosopher, and philosophy begins in wonder’.
- ‘Good and evil, reward and punishment, are the only motives to a rational creature’.
Let’s celebrate Happy Philosophy Day 2019. If you want to know more information about celebrating this Day, Let’s visit the United Nations Official Website. You will get everything related to this Event.