Initially, the customers will be given an account with username/password with 400 MB free download and validity of 30 days by charging Rs.100/- as activation charges. Before the expiry of validity or download limit, the customer will have to purchase Re-charge Vouchers (RCV) available in different denominations and recharge his/her account. A customer can opt for either of the following two types of prepaid account:
(i) Limited Download: There are 10 types of vouchers of different denominations which offers limited download at speed upto 8 Mbps within the validity period of the voucher.
In addition, there are two other types of Recharge Vouchers for limited plans. One, for extending the validity period (Validity Voucher) and the second, for increasing the usage (Top up Voucher) within the validity period.
(ii) Unlimited Download: There are 3 types of vouchers of different denominations which offers unlimited download at speed up to 1 Mbps within the validity period of the voucher.
Prerequisite: The customer interested to subscribe for Prepaid broadband service should have BSNL landline connection.
- No Fixed monthly charges: There are NO fixed monthly charges associated with Prepaid Broadband services.
- Mobility: The customers can use their prepaid BROADBAND account in any city in the Country (except Delhi and Mumbai) on most of the Broadband enabled connections of BSNL. An existing postpaid customer can subscribe to the additional prepaid connection which will give him the advantage of mobility.
- Control on usage: The customer can never exceed his download limit. No bills will be served for usage.
- Sharing of DSL connections: A group of prepaid BROADBAND customers like students, professionals can share a single DSL connection.
- Corporate houses can control the expenditure on BROADBAND usage of their employees by subscribing to prepaid BROADBAND connections.
- Attractive Tariff: The tariff has been designed to suit every segment of customer.
- Overcome hassles of bill payment: With a prepaid BROADBAND connection, the customer can overcome the hassles of bill payment. Recharge can be done with a voucher from anywhere in the country.
Tariff: For detail tariff of prepaid broadband services Click Here
How to apply: A customer willing to subscribe to this service can register on the BSNL portal or can approach the BSNL customer service Centre. The customer will need to fill up a Customer Application Form (CAF) before the connection is provided. The customer will also have to either own a modem or opt for outright purchase of modem from BSNL. To download application form Click Here
How to Recharge and manage Prepaid Broadband Account:- For the procedure to recharge and to manage the Prepaid Broadband account Click Here
Customer Care: Contact nearest BSNL customer service center or call toll free number 1800-345-1504.