To Provide the Student with an opportunity to develop knowledge, Skill and attitude in the area of outside plant with special emphasis on:
• Features of telecommunication cable
• Electrical properties of cable
• Features of manhole , hand hole , ducts and trenches
• Cross connection cabinet
• Mast , tower and antenna
• Testing of telecommunication cable
• Fault localization of telecommunication cable
telecommunication cable; optical fiber cable; properties of cable; manhole , hand hole , ducts and trenches; Cross connection cabinet; Mast , tower and antenna; Testing and Fault localization of telecommunication cable.
1. Understand the features of telecommunication cable.
1.1 State the concept of telecommunication cable.
1.2 Joining materials of telecommunication cable.
1.3 Mention different types of telecommunication cable.
1.4 Describe the transmission capacity of fiber optic cable.
1.5 Describe the cable pathway construction.
1.6 Describe the maintenance of cable.
2. Understand the electrical properties of cable.
2.1 Define the size of the telecommunication cable
2.2 Mention the electrical parameter of telecommunication cable.
2.3 Describe the electrical performance of telecommunication cable.
2.4 Describe the color codes of telecommunication cable.
3. Understand the features of manhole, hand hole , ducts and trenches.
3.1 Define the need of manhole, hand hole , ducts and trenches.
3.2 Describe the site selection procedure of manhole , hand hole , ducts and trenches.
3.3 Describe the civil construction procedure of manhole , hand hole , ducts and trenches.
3.4 Describe the termination of cable in MDF cabinet, DP and protective devices.
4. Understand the concept of Cross connection cabinet.
4.1 Describe the procedure of primary cable distribution.
4.2 Describe the procedure of secondary cable distribution.
4.3 Describe the procedure of jumpering of cable
5. Understand the concept of mast , tower and antenna
5.1 Mention the concept of mast , tower and antenna.
5.2 Mention different types of mast , tower and antenna.
5.3 Mention element of mast and tower .
5.4 Describe the installation procedure of mast , tower and antenna.
5.5 Describe the earthing procedure of mast and tower.
5.6 Describe the maintenance of mast , tower and antenna.
6. Understand the testing of telecommunication cable
6.1 Describe the general test of telecommunication cable.
6.2 Describe the continuity test of telecommunication cable.
6.3 Describe the insulation resistance test procedure of telecommunication cable.
6.4 Describe the loop resistance test procedure of telecommunication cable.
6.5 Describe the capacitive test procedure of telecommunication cable.
6.6 Describe the Inductive test procedure of telecommunication cable.
7. Understand the concept of Fault localization of telecommunication cable
7.1 Describe the cable identification procedure of cable locator.
7.2 Describe the Fault localization procedure by loop test method.
7.3 Describe the Fault localization procedure by echo tester.
1. Study the telecommunication cable.
2. Install the conduit cable.
3. Install the buried cable.
4. Install the overhead cable.
5. Study the cable color code.
6. Study the laying procedure of cable.
7. Study the joining procedure of cable.
8. Study the locking procedure of cable.
9. Study the cross connection cabinet.
10. Test the cable.
11. Locate the Fault of cable.
12. Study the pole creation procedure.
13. Study the distribution point(indoor and outdoor).
1. Data,Voice and Video cable installation. By-Jim hayes and Paul Rosenberg
2. A guide for telecommunication cable. By- John Highhouse © 1997
3. (a) Website: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/cable
(b) Website: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ telecommunications_cable
(c) www.shout.net/~wildixon/telecom/ cable/color.html
Powered BY: BTEB