• To be able to acquire the knowledge on microprocessor, microcomputer and computer language.
• To be able to develop the knowledge and skill on the architecture and assembly language programming of 8-bit Intel & Motorola p.
• To be able to acquire the knowledge and skill on memory and I/O interfacing.
Operation of SAP-2, Architecture and addressing mode of Intel 8085p; Instruction timing of Intel 8085 p; Assembly language programming of 8085 p; Memory and input /output interfacing of Intel 8085 p; Architecture and programming of MC6800.
1 Understand the operation of SAP- 2 .
1.1 Define microprogramming.
1.2 Distinguish between Hardwired control and microprogramming for computer operation.
1.3 Describe the function of each block of SAP-2 computer.
1.4 Mention the type of instructions used in SAP-2(Memory reference instructions, Register instructions, JUMP and CALL instructions, Logic instructions and miscellaneous group instructions.)
1.5 Describe each type of SAP-2 instructions including their format and meaning.
1.6 Prepare source and Hand assemble program using each types of SAP-2 instructions for solving simple arithmetic, logic and delay problem.
1.7 Describe the addressing modes of SAP-2 instructions.
1.8 Describe the operation of the circuit diagram of SAP-2 for setting the Flags.
1.9 State the difference between SAP-1 and SAP-2 computer.
2 Understand the architecture of Intel 8085 microprocessor.
2.1 Define microprocessor and microcomputer.
2.2 Describe the evolution of microprocessor. (i.e. 4, 8,, 16 and 32 and 64 bit p).
2.3 Mention the important features of Intel 8085 microprocessor.
2.4 Describe the function of each block of Intel 8085 microprocessor.
2.5 Describe the bus organization of 8085 microprocessor.
2.6 Sketch the register architecture of 8085 microprocessor.
2.7 Describe the function of each register of 8085 microprocessor.
2.8 State the meaning of the signals of 8085 microprocessor.
3 Understand the instruction set and addressing mode of 8085p.
3.1 Classify the instructions of 8085 microprocessor.
3.2 Mention the name of 8085 addressing modes.
3.3 Describe the 8085 addressing modes.
3.4 Define instruction set.
3.5 Describe the format and meaning of each instruction used in Intel 8085 microprocessor.
4 Understand the 8085 instruction timing and execution.
4.1 State the clock period and machine cycle of 8085.
4.2 Describe the basic system timing of 8085.
4.3 Describe the 8085-memory read write operation with timing diagram.
4.4 Describe the interrupt timing of 8085.
4.5 Describe the interrupt acknowledge machine cycle.
4.6 Describe the bus idle machine cycle.
5 Understand the programming concept of 8085p.
5.1 Describe the programming process with flowchart.
5.2 State the meaning of assembler directives.
5.3 Describe the meaning of each field of assembly language program.
5.4 Describe the use of the assembler directives of 8085.
5.5 Write simple program using the 8085 instruction set for solving arithmetic, logic and delay problem.
6 Understand Intel 8085 input / output operation and interfacing.
6.1 Mention the basic input output techniques.
6.2 Describe the operation of 8085 programmed I/O, interrupt driven I/O, Direct Memory Access Controller (DMAC) and DMA.
6.3 Describe the I/O structure of a typical microcomputer.
6.4 Describe the function of coprocessors.
6.5 Describe the use of 8085 SID and SOD lines.
7 Understand memory and peripheral interfacing.
7.1 Describe the memory mapping techniques.
7.2 Sketch the diagram of memory chips with microprocessor to form a simple microcomputer system.
7.3 Describe the chip select scheme by decoding address lines.
7.4 Define support chips.
7.5 List the commonly used support chips (both dump & smart).
8. Understand programmable peripheral devices.
8.1 Define programmable peripheral.
8.2 State the functions of PPI and PIC.
8.3 Describe the operation of PPI & PIC using block diagram .
8.4 Describe the control word format of PPI.
8.5 Configure the control word of the control register for simple I/O operations.
8.6 Write simple program for data transferring to and from microprocessor using PPI.
9. Understand the general aspects of Intel family of P.
9.1 Describe the evolution based on performance and device complexity of the Intel P architecture.
9.2 Mention the difference between a multi-chip and single chip microcomputer.
9.3 State the embedded microcontrollers and reprogrammable microprocessor.
9.4 Explain the basic architecture of the Intel family of P.
9.5 Mention the comparison of address & data bus and the clock speeds for the Intel family members.
9.6 Describe the memory map of the Intel family members and personal computer system.
9.7 Explain the internal register array (programming model) of all versions of the Intel family members.
10 Understand the architecture of MC 6800 microprocessor.
10.1 Mention the important features of MC 6800.
10.2 Describe the internal architecture of MC 6800.
10.3 Describe the pins and signals of MC 6800.
10.4 Describe the instruction set of MC 6800.
10.5 Explain the read and write timing diagram of MC 6800.
10.6 Mention the addressing mode of MC 6800.
10.7 Compare Intel 8085 with MC 6800.
10.8 Write simple program using the instruction set of MC 6800.
1. Perform the task to develop and execute an assembly language program for solving arithmetic problems(Addition/Subtraction) using SAP/i8085 / MC 6800 p trainer.
2. Perform the task to develop and execute an assembly language program to compute 1’s or 2’s complement of binary number using SAP/i8085 / MC 6800 p trainer.
3. Perform the task to develop and execute an assembly language program for solving arithmetic problems(Multiplication / Division) using SAP/i8085 / MC 6800 p trainer
4. Perform the task to develop and execute an assembly language program for solving logic operation using SAP/i8085 / MC 6800 p trainer.
5. Perform the task to develop and execute an assembly language program/ Subroutine to produce time delays of different durations using SAP/i8085 / MC 6800 p trainer.
6. Perform the task to develop and execute an assembly language program that inputs a byte of data from a port using handshaking and store the byte into a register in a SAP/i8085 / MC 6800 p trainer.
7. Perform the task to develop and execute an assembly language program that inputs an 8 bit character in a serial data stream and store it in a specified memory location using a SAP/i8085 / MC 6800 p trainer
8. Perform the task to develop and execute assembly language programs that transfer data between I/O and memory with an available I/O techniques.
using a SAP/i8085 / MC6800 p trainer.
9. Perform the task to develop and execute assembly language programs that implement the branching and looping structures using a SAP/i8085 / MC 6800 p trainer.
1. Digital Computer Electronics
2. Microprocessor and Microcomputer Based System Design
– Mohamed Rafiquzzaman.
3. Microprocessor Architecture, Programming and Applications with 8085
– Ramesh S. Gaonkar.
Powered BY: BTEB