To be able to develop knowledge, skill and attitude in the field of the graphical representation of architectural design & drafting with special emphasis on:
• The elements of drawing and principles of design.
• Form, Space, Organization, Circulation, proportion and scale.
• Concepts of Design, Design Process
• Anthropometric data.
• Design of small temporary and permanent structure.
Elements of Drawing and principles of Design, Form & Space, Organization & Circulation, Proportion & scale, Concepts of Design, Design Process, Architectural drawing & drafting, Texture, Anthropometry, and Design of small Temporary and Permanent structure.
1. Understand primary elements of Drawing.
1.1 Define Point as a drawing element and its application.
1.2 Define Line as a drawing element and its application.
1.3 Define Plane as a drawing element and its application.
1.4 Define Volume as a drawing element and its application.
2. Understand the Form & Space.
2.1. Define Form, shape & and space.
2.2. Explain the primary shapes i.e. circle, triangle & square and regular and irregular forms.
2.3. Explain the transformation of forms.
2.4. Explain the subtractive and additive forms.
2.5. Discuss the centralized, linear, radial, clustered and grid forms.
2.6. Discuss Form defining space, Horizontal and Vertical Elements defining space.
3. Understand Organization & Circulation.
3.1. Define Organization in design.
3.2. Describe the organization of Form & Space and their relationship.
3.3. Explain the space within a space and interlocking space.
3.4. Explain the different types of Organization,
3.5. Define circulation.
3.6. Describe the movement through space (Approach, Entrance, configuration of the path, Path space relationships, Form of the Circulation Space).
4. Understand Proportion and scale.
4.1. Define Proportion and scale.
4.2. Discuss the materials proportions, structural proportions & manufactured proportion.
4.3. Describe the theories of proportions (Golden section, Classical orders, Modulor, Anthropometry & Scale etc.)
4.4. Define Golden section and explain its drawing procedure.
4.5. Explain the modules and grids.
4.6. Define Human and Visual scale.
5. Understand the concept of Design & design process.
5.1. Define Art and architecture.
5.2. Define Design.
5.3. Describe the historical background of design principle.
5.4. Mention the classification of design.
5.5. Describe the Design theme (Analogy, Metaphor, Essences, Problem – Solving and Idea).
5.6. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of design.
5.7. Discuss the Design procedure & Design criteria.
6. Understand the sources and principles of Design.
6.1 State the source of nature from which design is developed.
6.2 Explain the principles of design in natural design that are observed easily (Rhythm, Appearance, Variety, Unity, Balance etc.).
6.3 Discuss the Emphasis in design.
6.4 Explain the Emphasis procedure.
7. Understand different architectural drawing & drafting.
7.1. Define Plan, Elevation & Section.
7.2. Explain the tracing procedure of Plan.
7.3. Explain the drawing procedure of Plan.
7.4. Explain the drawing procedure of Elevation & Section.
7.5. List the different building components with their function, position & dimension
8. Understand the preparation and effects of Texture.
8.1. Define texture.
8.2. Describe, “Texture is intertwined with our senses of Touch and Sight”.
8.3. Describe Texture and pattern.
8.4. Explain the different method used to draw various Textures.
9. Understand Anthropometry.
9.1. State the meaning of anthropometric data.
9.2. Mention anthropometric data for the children.
9.3. Mention anthropometric data for the Adults.
9.4. Mention the comparative dimension of different portion of a human body (male and female).
9.5. State the comparative dimension of different working position of a human body (male and female).
1. Prepare a set of the Anthropometric data.
1.1. Draw different standing dimension of an adult male.
1.2. Draw different standing dimension of an adult female.
1.3. Draw the various positions with dimension for the child.
2. Prepare a set of the Anthropometrics data (different working position.).
2.1. Draw different dimension of working positions of the Adult male.
2.2. Draw different dimension of working positions of the Adult female.
2.3. Calculate the comparative dimension of different portion of a human body (male and female) in the context of Bangladesh.
2.4. Calculate the comparative dimension of different working position of a human body (male and female) in the context of Bangladesh.
3. Prepare the different types of Symbol used of drafting.
3.1. Draw different types of architectural symbol.
3.2. Draw different types of civil symbol (which are used in architectural drawing.)
3.3. Draw different types of electrical symbol (which are used in architectural drawing.).
3.4. Draw different types of pipe layout symbol for plumbing design.
4. Prepare a set of Architectural drawing of a single room structure (i.e. Guard room/Police shed) by Tracing Method.
4.1. Trace a given plan & elevation of a single room structure (i.e. Guard room/police station etc).
4.2. Trace a given front elevation of the single room structure.
4.3. Trace a given side elevation of the single room structure.
4.4. Trace a given section of the single room structure.
5. Prepare a set of Architectural drawing of a single room structure (i.e. Guard room/Police shed) in different scale from the given drawing.
5.1. Draw a given plan of the guard room/police shed in different scale from the given drawing.
5.2. Draw the elevation of the guard room/police shed in different scale from the given drawing.
5.3. Draw the section of the given guard room showing materials.
5.4. Draw the detail of different building components with measurements (like – parapet, lintel, sunshade, footing, doors & windows etc.).
6. Design a small monument using simple form.
6.1. Sketch/design small monuments using simple form.
6.2. Develop the sketches with rendering.
6.3. Draw the monument in a suitable scale.
6.4. Draw an isometric view of the monument.
7. Prepare a set of Primary drawing of a Permanent Shed for the pedestrian in Garden/Roadside/Park/Lawn/ Bicycle stand etc.
7.1. Sketch the line plan of a Permanent Shed for the pedestrian in Garden/Roadside/Park/Lawn etc.
7.2. Design/draw the plan of the Shed in 1:100 scale for final approval.
7.3. Design/draw the elevation of the Shed in 1:100 scale for final approval.
8. Prepare a set of presentation drawing of a Permanent Shed for the pedestrian in Garden/Roadside/Park/Lawn/Bicycle stand etc.
8.1. Draw the plan of the Shed (7.1) with rendering (use shade & shadow, color, charcoal etc.) in 1:100 scale
8.2. Draw the elevations (Front and any one else) of the shed showing shade and shadow in 1:100 scale.
8.3. Draw the section of the structure.
1. Architecture: Forms, Space & Order – D. K. Ching.
2. Interior Design Illustrated – D. K. Ching.
3. Design Riti O Sthapotta Dhara – Abu H. Imamuddin
4. Graphics -II – S. Rejaul Karim